Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Bettina is Two!

Bettina is two!  I am so happy to be celebrating this day.  With all of the problems she had in her first year, we were relieved to make it to her birthday and put the year behind us.  Then, with the crazy problems at the beginning of this year...  Let's just say we are MORE THAN ECSTATIC to be here, celebrating this day with our beautiful, healthy, full-of-spunk daughter.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY BETTINA!  WE LOVE YOU!  You bring SO MUCH JOY to our lives.

Our beautiful Bettina
She loves butterflies
and blueberries
Bettina had a gluten-and-egg-free sponge cake made of blackberry, raspberry, and vanilla batters swirled together.  The top was decorated with blueberry, cherry, and lemon glazes.  

She was really excited to see it.
She must have thought it was yummy
because she went back for seconds.
Of course, she was MORE THAN READY to unwrap the gifts.  She had spent the week throwing herself over the largest box and proclaiming it hers.  (She was more than happy to defend it, too.)

She got an Olivia puzzle
a new kazoo (she really missed hers)
nesting blocks
a kaleidoscope
an Eric Carle puzzle
a globe beach ball from Odelia
some hair fluff so she can sport "bub tails" (pig tails), her favorite style
a playhouse purse
and her absolute favorite, a dump truck.

Bettina's Uncle also came to town to visit, but he managed to avoid having his picture taken.  I think it may be because, during his visit, the corkscrew saw more action than the camera...

You may have noticed that none of her gifts were homemade.  I know, I FAILED, but in my defense, there is something wrong with the pattern!  So, she will have a surprise gift, made my way, a little late.  :) 

20 comments:

Donna said...

How absolutely beautiful! She is precious and I am sure most of your time is spent hugging and kissing. I know that's about all I wanted to do when my daughters were that little! Thank you for following my blog. Loved having you there and hope you'll visit again. I look forward to reading more of your wonderful posts. Donna

Calamity Kate said...

What a darling little birthday girl and oh my that cake looks incredible! Thank you so much for your kind words. Kate

Diane AZ said...

Absolutely adorable birthday girl! Looks like she enjoyed her special day.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Your daughter is darling. =)

Anna Joy said...

how cute! your daughter is adorable and that cake is very pretty. be sure to link up one of your pictures with us on Monday! :)

Sewn With Grace said...

What a beautiful little girl! Looks like a good time was had by all. Wonderful pictures!

BeachVintage.com said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Bettina. xx

Free Pretty Things For You said...

oh she is Gorgeous!
Happy birthday little princess! :)
My little Ariel is turing 2 on agu 5th too!!
Did you make her dress??

lesley said...

Oh that cake looks delicious! Such a sweet little girl! Happy Birthday!

Theophanie said...

This is from Mirys, she wasn't able to post it herself:

"Thank you so much!

And congrats on ALL YOUR HAND WORD (from the other blog you have). So fancy, so beautiful, so nice!!!



Kisses and blessings.

Mirys"

koralee said...

Happy Birthday to your sweet sweetpea..what a pretty cake...oh how I love blueberries. Happy weekend

Susie B. Homemaker said...

Aww what a cutie- Happy Birthday to your daughter. Her dress and the cake are both adorable! Great choices for gifts also- definitely lots to keep her busy. :)

Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Wind Down today. Have a great weekend! :)

About JollyJilly said...

hi im a new follower from the blog hop
enjoyed reading your blog very much. And happy birthday to such a cute little girl
please come visit me over in the uk anytime
www.jollyjillys.blogspot.com

mmbear said...

Very cute little girl and what kind of cake is that? It is most interesting! I came over from the blog hop and am a new follower of your blog thru GFC. I would love a follow back when you get a free moment. Thanks so much and let me know what kind of cake that is, please! Have a great day!

Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

Blended said...

So Cute! Great blog! New follower from the Say Hi Sunday Blog Hop. Stop on by - www.blended.typepad.com

Katherines Corner said...

Happy "belated" birthday to your little sweetie. I hope she got her birthday wish. Big Hugs

Monica said...

Your daughter is adorable and that cake...it looks amazing and delicious!
I’m a new GFC follower from the Weekend Wind Down! Hope you can drop by my blog and have a look around.
Monica
http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

Mandi said...

Oh, she is adorable! What a wonderful birthday! I am in love with her cake, and she got some really awesome presents. That playhouse purse is to die for. Happily following your adorable blog! :)

Mandi at boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com

GuitarTrump said...

What an adorable little girl! Yeah, when I was about four years old I remember having my own yellow dumptruck that I absolutely LOVED to ride around in. Of course, it was kind of hard because I was about two times bigger than it, but it was still my favorite toy :D

Following from "Relax & Surf Sunday* - would love a follow back! :-)

http://www.guitartrump.blogspot.com/

Alex

Missy said...

Stopping by from Relax & Surf Sunday!
Happy birthday to your precious baby girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...